Re: Data does NOT belong in Debian (was: Stop Archive bloat)

[f'up]

On Tue, 19 October 1999 21:43:57 +0200, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> Why not allow Source only packages ?

Something like that is the only workable thing, methinks.
Having a source where a source is 99+ % the same data is waste.

Before that is agreed on (and there is a need, I read it
here) I would not touch anything. I am strongly against
the data section and especially the bigger packages.

Alexander

--
"Video killed the radio star ... then the Spice Girls killed the rest."
-- Alan Braverman