Re: libtool patch -- was Re: easy way to tell if "in" package build ?

Hello,

>  > This feature should be added as an option accepted by a
>  > libtool-generated `configure', which should then be given
>  > in the debian-build phase.  At least then affected packages
>  > will be clearly indicated *in that package*.
>
> I'm not sure you what you mean by "libtool-generated `configure'."
> Libtool doesn't generate `configure'.  Can you elaborate on this?

Sorry I was ambiguous.  I forget the exact dependecies,
but in the end, using libtool has the effect
that --enable-shared etc become configure flags.
On my system, that is implemented via
	/usr/share/libtool/libltdl/aclocal.m4:129
which is sucked in to a project via libtoolize (or is it aclocalize?)

Perhaps we could similarly implement --with-relative-paths
or --without-absolute-paths or something?
It would still be up to individual package maintainers
to standardize their packages to use this, but that would
be fairly easy.

I appreciate your tackling this issue.  I know libtool and
so on is a rat's nest, and it'd be great if there
was a nice easy way to make conformant packages with it.

- Dave