Re: lyx_1.0.4-3 replaces lyx_1.0.4-2

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> Do you have a reference for this?

I'm reading along on lyx-devel and that is the common agreement among the
developers who tell people *not* to use 0.89 but to go with 0.88 instead.
The closest quotes i could get is the following messages:

"http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg06677.html";
"http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg06655.html";
"http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg06913.html";
"http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg06915.html";
"http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg06863.html";
"http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg06729.html";

> Paul Seelig wrote:
>
> > The upstream maintainers explicitly state, that linking lyx-1.0.4
> > against libforms0.89 is a bad idea because of some severe problems
> > with this libforms version in connection with the current LyX.

                                 Cheers, P. *8^)
--
If not specific to HP please always reply to
"Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de>"