Re: nobody/nogroup - ITP maildir-bulletin

>> >Technically, it doesn't need to be suid root -- it could also be run by root.
>>
>> The idea of having lots of Postfix configurations running external programs
>> as root doesn't appeal to me at all.  Postfix doesn't seem to allow different
>> users for different programs, it's just one UID per external program.
>
>Are you sure about this? ie are you sure you can't have a different
>UID for each program. I don't understand why this should be the
>case.
>
>For instance, in my Fidonet configuration, all mail for any subdomain
>inside *.fidonet.org is redirected to ifmail running as user=ftn.
>(see /etc/postfix/master.cf - The only files I had to change related to
>/etc/postfix/transport).

That allows running a transport as a different user.  But what I need to do
it run a "|exec program" line from /etc/alises line as a different user, but
it's not possible.

>Which brings me to the next point: how do you activate it? How
>would somebody use it to send a bulletin via postfix??

In /etc/aliases:
all-staff: "|exec /usr/sbin/maildir-bulletin staff"

I've documented this in the man page, maybe not clearly enough.  If you have
any suggestions then let me know.

--
I'm in Utrecht.  I'd like to meet any Linux users in the area, or any other
part of the Netherlands.