imapd, Roxen and IMHO

Hi *,

  I have been experiencing performance problems when accessing the user
inboxes with IMAP using IMHO on Roxen ever since the imapd_4.5-8 release,
that is from the point where the default mailbox root has been reverted to
$HOME. Today, when one of my user accessed his particularily huge home
directory, the Roxen's pike RSS reached 400MB within 5 minutes and was
growing! The load average reached 3.94 within the same time. Modifying the
sources and setting the default mailbox root to $HOME/mail/ made all the
problems disappear. Therefore I'd like to propose a small change to the
imapd (or rather c-client) source code to read the default mailbox root from
either the environment or from /etc/c-client.cf. If there's a need, I can
write the relevant code, because the problem is really grave IMO and since
there's no upstream solution to that, perhaps doing it just for Debian is
the right way?

marek