Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 5, 1999

> > Package: geomview (main)
> > Maintainer: Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org>
> >   49016  geomview_1.6.1.9-10(unstable): doesn't delete debian/files
>
> Easy to fix, when will the fixed version be uploaded? Or should somebody
> NMU it?

will be uploaded RSN. Please don't NMU yet :)

> > Package: gnome-apt (main)
> > Maintainer: Apt Packaging Team <apt@packages.debian.org>
> >   44427  gnome-apt: Broken Package
>
> Can't we remove this package if it doesn't get fixed?

This doesn't seem to be maintained "upstream" anymore. Several fixes have
been posted. I will upload an NMU tomorrow if no one gets to it before then.

> > Package: lha (non-free)
> > Maintainer: Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
> >   48748  lha has no license
>
> Can't we remove the package if we don't get a proper license for it?

lha is fairly old. i have some doubts that we can find upstream maintainers
to give it a proper license :-(

> > Package: lynx (main)
> > Maintainer: Christian Hudon <chrish@debian.org>
> >   46021  lynx on alpha exits immediately with interrupt 15, is useless
>
> The last message about this bug in the BTS is over a month old. Can
> someone please take care of it and try to find a solution?

i was not able to reproduce the bug, so i am not sure how to "fix" it.

> > Package: mutt (main)
> > Maintainer: Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it>
> >   48851  mutt: recompile against newer slang
> >   49215  mutt: Depends: slang1 (< 1.3) but 1.3.9-1 is installed
> >   49231  mutt: Broken Dependancies
>
> Seems to be pretty easy to fix.

i believe a fix has been uploaded already.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/