Re: OpenSSH uploaded replacing ssh, please test

Marc.Haber-lists@gmx.de (Marc Haber) writes:
> On 03 Nov 1999 03:19:00 +0000, you wrote:
> >I've just uploaded OpenSSH, the binary package for which I've called
> >``ssh'' so it will replace the non-free version in due course.
> Good work, thanks.

Agreed. I dislike the choice of package name, though - breaking all
existing installations at once isn't very neat way of doing things - even
with disclaimers. We had IDEA as default cipher[1], for example :P

..
> |configure: error: *** libcrypto missing - please install first ***
> |make: *** [build-stamp] Error 1
> |mh@torres[29/528]:~/devel/packages/openssh/openssh-1.2pre7$
>
> torres is a slink system, and I can't seem to find libcrypto. It's
> neither in main nor non-US for either slink or potato and it also
> can't be found on www.hands.com.

fingon@dreamland »cat /etc/debian_version
potato
fingon@dreamland »dpkg -S /usr/lib/libcrypto.so
libssl09-dev: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so
fingon@dreamland »

> Where do I get that library?
>
> Greetings
> Marc
>
> --

-Markus

[1]
	Sue me - that's because some ssh clients/servers in non-Linux world
didn't support blowfish, and 3des is .. hm. untrustworthy, in my eyes.

--
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a
twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals