Re: Something wrong with potato modutils

George Bonser <grep@shorelink.com> writes:

> Whatever the problem was seems to be gone now with tonite's upgrades. I
> might suggest, though, that debian change one thing in its standard kernel
> config ... it really should not have Unix domain sockets as a module. If
> something prevents modules from loading properly, it is difficult (but not
> impossible) to get to a point where you can cleanly reboot. So many things
> depend on this that it really should be compiled in.
>
> I was doing some experimentation using debian default configs and this
> item made life a little less enjoyable for a few hours.

I don't disagree.  Even when things work ok, when you first load
unix.o, the rootfs is read-only, resulting in a scarey (to newbies)
error message.

Herbert, is unix.o something you had to take out to get the bzimage
down to the right side?  What do you think of installing that back
into the kernel?