Re: release-critical non-free packages?

"Juergen A. Erhard" <jae@ilk.de> writes:

> I just looked at the release-critical bug list, and it made me
> wonder...
>
> How come non-free packages can be release-critical?
>
> I say get those non-free packages of the RC-bug list.  They are not
> part of Debian, so they can't hold the release.

A release-critical bug means that the package cannot be released to
stable with that bug.  Removing the package from stable is one way of
handling the problem.  Fixing the bug is another way of handling the
problem.  The release manager is allowed to decide whether a package
should be removed from stable or whether stable should be held up
until the bug is fixed.  Alternatively, the bug can be downgraded.

--
Kevin Dalley
SETI Institute