ITP: Qhull

Actually, I already packaged it.  It is apt-gettable at:

    deb http://master.debian.org/~rafael/qhull ./

Below are the control and README.Debian files.

If there is no objection, I will upload it soon to Incoming.

--
Rafael

(Please Cc: followups to me.)

Package: qhull
 Qhull is a general dimension convex hull program that reads a set of
 points from stdin, and outputs the smallest convex set that contains the
 points to stdout.  It also generates Delaunay triangulations, Voronoi
 diagrams, furthest-site Voronoi diagrams, and halfspace intersections
 about a point.
 .
 Rbox is a useful tool in generating input for Qhull; it generates
 hypercubes, diamonds, cones, circles, simplices, spirals, lattices, and
 random points.
 .
 Qhull produces graphical output for Geomview.  This helps with
 understanding the output (http://www.geom.umn.edu/locate/geomview).
 .
 For further information see http://www.geom.umn.edu/locate/qhull.

qhull for Debian
----------------

This package contains the two binaries qhull and rbox (besides the
associated HTML documentation and the man pages).  There is also a static
library (libqhull.a) that can be used for calling the Qhull functionalities
from C programs.  This library is included in this package as-is.  I am
planning to generate in the future two new packages libqhull and
libqhull-dev, but I have to find a way to generate the shared libraries,
and this means doing modifications in the upstream Makefile
(libtool+automake+autoconf should be the way to go here).  Any help in
accomplishing this will be appreciated.

The upstream authors would like to find out how you are using their
software.  Look at /usr/share/doc/qhull/REGISTER.txt to know how to send
them feedback.

Documentation in HTML format is available starting in the file
/usr/share/doc/qhull/qh-man.htm.  There are also some exemples in the
directory /usr/share/doc/qhull/examples.

 -- Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@icp.inpg.fr>, Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:01:45 +0100