Re: Debian FreeBSD

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Andrew G . Feinberg wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 08:09:47PM -0800, Darren O. Benham wrote:
> >
> > So state where in the DFSG or policy or constitution or any other such
> > document that says Debian can't put out a BSD distribution.  It's working
> > on a Hurd distribution....
> It doesn't, but giving companies the option to take _OUR_ work propriatary
> is _bad_ _bad_ _bad_. The BSD license lends itself to this, and I
> guarantee it will happen if we follow this path.
>
> Andrew

1.  The Debian-BSD release clearly cannot (and will not, I assume)
    release GPL'd software under the BSD license.  So what?
2.  The kernel is just a package; you cannot change BSD's license.
3.  This discussion belongs on debian-policy or debian-legal or in private.

Thanks, and sorry for propagating this thread....

- Dave