Re: [COREL BASHING] Corel and the DNS (Was: Debian Weekly News - November 30th, 1999

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 09:04:08AM -0800, Ben Gertzfield wrote:

>     Paul> That said, my take on the subject is that that clause is in
>     Paul> there because minors can't be a party in _any_ contract
>     Paul> a.k.a. EULA.
>
> This isn't true; at least in the US, minors can be a party in any
> contract they want, but they can void the contract any time they want
> and lose both the benefits and drawbacks of that contract.

This is how it works in Canada, as well. Minors can enter into contracts,
but cannot be held accountable legally unless it's for a necessity of life
(rent, food bill, etc). In any case the point is moot since copyright is not
a contract, and Corel does not have the right to place additional restrictions
upon the redistribution of products anyone obtains from them which are licensed
under the GPL.