Re: Why does potato compiling suck?

On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 12:04:40AM -0800, Ben Hendrickson wrote:
> This (and the behavior change that started this thread) is a problem only
> because code that used to compile now will not.  Any package in potato
> with upstream source that a couple months ago generated a const warning no
> longer compiles.  I suppose we could just hope there are not many packages
> like this in potato, or that they will be stumbled across before we ship.
> Heck, maybe my package was the only one.

The bugs shouldn't be too hard to fix, but they aren't uncommon. I got
rid of libstdc++2.9 today by locally recompiling anything that depended
on it, and filed a bug of this type on one of the packages (djtools).
There, at least, the fix was simple.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
I see no trend at all, except toward women playing mean and ugly