Re: ITP: pine4

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Santiago Vila wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Since I think it has not come the time to remove (the old good) pine 3.96
> from the archive yet, I plan to upload pine 4.x to potato/non-free. Source
> will be "pine4". Binaries will be "pine", "pico", etc. as before. Since
> binaries are not uploaded, they should not overlap with those from
> pine 3.96 and there should be no conflicts.
>
> Thanks.

I have 4.21 debianized if you want ot use that as the basis of your
package.  The most important feature is that it links against a shared
copy of the c-client library ensuring full compatability with the Debian
imap package.

I've been in intermittent correspondance with the pine developers about
the licence issues.  Not much progress though I'm afraid.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>