Re: RIPE Whois?

On Sat, 4 December 1999 15:51:25 +0100, Remco van de Meent wrote:
> Although it would be nice if that new whois client is able to do RIPE
> specific queries like
>
>   $ whois -h whois.ripe.net -i origin AS1234
>
> It now gives a ``Warning: RIPE flags ignored for a traditional server.''
> message... :-)

Yes, this sucks quite a lot. Now I need a shell alias again
to make it work, no improvement for me. Nice work, of course,
but w/o real help for me. Bah, us Europeans, we should all
honour NSI and their suckiness and do not be such perfectionist
<g> ... Anyway, RIPE/6BONE/RA is way nicer. Would be fine if
the named features would work automatically.

Alexander

--
"The truth is usually just an excuse for lack of imagination."
-- Garak, DS9, "Improbable Cause."