Re: bind and syslog

On 18-Dec-99, 16:29 (CST), Marek Habersack <grendel@vip.net.pl> wrote:
> Of course :)) - forget about my ramblings :)). I don't know why but I
> imagined that libc doesn't know the openlog() parameters the application
> used when it reopens the connection.

Ahh. That's why I didn't think it was a big deal for syslog() to handle
the SIGPIPE (even given the execution of an openlog()), and you did.

Actually, it sounds now like it does at least trap the SIGPIPE, and thus
avoid the client program exiting, but it still doesn't log it correctly
(sending it to the console instead of syslog). It ought to make at least
one attempt after catching the signal.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <vmole@swbell.net>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read