Re: Lintian Changes

Hi Gecko,

On Sun, Dec 19, 1999 at 03:47:46PM -0800, Darren O. Benham wrote:

> Overrides.  Packages can now specify overrides locally.  Lintian will look
> for a file named override.Lintian in the /usr/share/doc/<package>
> directory.  The format of the file is one line per override.  Each line

Thanks so much for this change. I know it would be a hell lot of work
to keep the overrides in lintian current. I promise you to use them wise ;)

> will override "unstripped-binary-or-orbject" for the two files "sofini.so"
> and "soinit.so".  To silence this tag for all messages, use the line:
>
>   libc6-pic: unstripped-binary-or-object

I don't think this is a good idea though. You might miss problems by
having such a generic line in the overrides.

cu
    Torsten

--
Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torsten@debian.org>
           Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Commitee Member