Re: Quake is GPL

On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 01:52:32PM +0100, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> Quake is GPL.
> Could anybody package new quake?
> I've got raport glquake also works very well.
 This remembers me that here in Brazil they outlawed quake,
doom and other violent games, distribution of these games in
Brazil can lead to some nasty (really nasty) fines and even
jail. This is not something I like, but unfortunately it is
our reality. So including quake in a Debian CD would make it
Ilegal to distribute official Debian CDs, and Mirroring would
also have to be made excepting these games. I'd like to bring
this topic up for discussion, I think it concerns Debian as
a whole, since it would make the Official CDs ilegal in Brazil
and possibly other countries.

	What do you think about this?

--
Eduardo Marcel Maçan		<macan@colband.com.br>