Re: concensus on removing TeX and Emacs from standard

On Fri, Dec 31, 1999 at 12:03:02AM -0800 , Robert Woodcock wrote:
> Hello, I think TeX and Emacs should no longer be standard. The purpose of
> this message is to build a concensus for this so a bug can be filed against
> ftp.debian.org to have it done.
>
> Specifically, these packages should be made optional:
>
> tetex-lib, tetex-base, tetex-bin, emacs20, emacs20-el, emacsen-common

Go for it. I use TeX (thesis :)) and emacs, but it's real pain to install
Debian on a slower (P100 with slow hdd) computer, when I don't want to bother
with dselect (anyway, won't dselect automaticaly select std packages?).

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz