"Proper" english [off topic]

On Fri, Dec 31, 1999 at 02:25:47PM -0600, Bud Rogers wrote:
> Magnus Danielson <cfmd@swipnet.se> writes:

> > It's only in American English which 1 billion means 1000 milions,
> > so there is a real diffrence in which Debian can't overbridge. The
> > only possibility would be to have Americans learn propper English
> > (OK, flamebate, but so what) ;)

> Magnus, I think you're absolutely right.  But it's probably a lost
> cause.  Just one Amurkin's opinion...

Met[er] is pronounced Mee-tur, not Meet-ray, so Meter is of course
correct.  Metre comes from French, but we are speaking English, so
staying close to French spellings isn't all that important.

Oh, and while you're at it, you can go try and convince all the south
americans to speak 'proper' Spanish and Portuguese, and the French
Canadians to speak 'proper' French.

Pppppptttthhhhhh:-P
--
  David N. Welton -+- davidw@prosa.it -+- http://www.efn.org/~davidw