Re: Timeline for potato

Hi.  Normally I wouldn't send this followup to debian-devel-announce,
but it answers a frequenly asked question:

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 01:29:32PM -0500, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> I have a package (powstatd-crypt) in non-us' incoming since Dec 9th.
> Will it go in potato?

Yes.  There were too many packages to process last weekend; we're going to
do the rest this weekend.  Packages that were uploaded after the deadline
will be moved to Incoming/HELD, until woody is created.

I may make exceptions to this in both directions.  smupsd was uploaded
in December, but it contains big warnings about its unstable state,
so I've put it in HELD.  The kernel 2.2.14 packages will go in potato,
because they contain security fixes.

> Assume I have a userland package that doesn't affect other
> packages and a bug is found during the freeze.  Will I be able to
> upload a fix-only to stable only in the Evaluation period and
> only if potato is not released AS IS?

You can upload a fix at any time.  Fixes will be collected, and
evaluating them will be part of the Evaluation period.  If they
are installed, they will all be installed at once.

Richard Braakman