Debian "potato" is frozen!

The code freeze for the next Debian release, code named "potato",
has begun.  From now on, until the release, there will be three
distributions available on our servers: `stable', `frozen', and
the new `unstable'.

The new `unstable', code named "woody"[1], was created today.  The
frozen and unstable distributions start out with the same set
of packages, but unstable will be updated rapidly, while frozen
will have only bugfixes applied in preparation for its release.

We expect the freeze process to take about two months.

Richard Braakman
Debian Release Manager

[1] Debian releases are code-named after characters from the
movie Toy Story.  Woody is the main character, the cowboy
action figure.