the logo: logo selections now available!

This has taken way too long, and I apoligize for that. But I hereby
present the best logos for your voting pleasure, as selected by the
logo team. Please note that the winning logo might need some
modifications before it can be used.

Here is the list of logos, with some personal comments from me. You
can view them online at http://www.debian.org/~wakkerma/logos/ .

* jeanette (ants)
Concept: Debian is a lot of people working together to produce some
  great things, just like ants.
Pros: strong imagery, official and liberal logo with the same theme
  but still different.
Cons: official and liberal logo might be too different

* raul (swirl)
Concept: magic being release from a genie bottle.
Pros: simple, good associations, already in a good format (EPS)
Cons: none :)

* villate (seal)
Concept: seal balancing the world
Note: should be modified to be an outline
Pros: playful, cute
Cons: needs some hard work to modify it to an outline

* guatamnlad (stylized D)
Note: animal in the background should be removed
Concept: modified D
Pros: simple, elegant
Cons: not very noticable compared to other logos (oh, a big letter?)

* captain blue-eye (the current logo)
Concept: modified version of Tux (the Linux penguin)
Pros: people already know it
Cons: too Linux-specific

I hereby propose to choose the new logo by General Resolution.

The ballot will contain the options:

1) jeanette (ants)
2) raul (swirl / genie)
3) villate (seal)
4) guatamnlad (stylized D)
5) captain blue-eye (the current logo)
6) further discussion

There are 497 registered voters.  That makes Q 22.29 and the quorum
67 votes.

Though there is normally a two week discussion period followed by a
two week voting period, I am shortening the discussion period to one
week.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl