Re: Release Plans (1999-05-10)

Hi,

On 10 May, Richard Braakman wrote:
 >   * GNOME
 > I wasn't there to see it, but I hear that the GNOME staging area has
 > now been folded into potato and is ready for the freeze.

It has.  However, there are still some packages that may not have made
it in to the archive that need to be in there (e.g. libgtop1,
libghttp1).  I posted to the debian-gtk-gnome list about this issue but
haven't received a response yet.

 >   Return of the Revenge of Slink:
 > A Debian 2.1r3 release should be made soon, to fix a number of
 > outstanding bugs.  I'll write a separate mail about this.

It would be nice to get a GNOME update for slink, too.  However, I'm
not sure where GNOME for slink stands.  The last I heard, we are not in
synch with potato's GNOME yet.

-Ossama
--
Ossama Othman <othman@cs.wustl.edu>
Center for Distributed Object Computing, Washington University, St. Louis