[INFO] About the perl upgrade

[ Reply-to set to debian-devel ]

Hello everybody,

the perl upgrade is almost finished now. The list of packages that have
not yet been updated is below for your information. They are either
waiting in Incoming to be installed or will be uploaded RSN (I hope).

<thoughts>
Two of them are NEW, this does mean that some people added a dependency to
perl on their packages. I can't understand how this can happen, everybody
that does read debian-devel-announce should be aware of the perl upgrade in
potato ... something should be done to insure that all developers do read
debian-devel-announce. We should insist on that in the Developers
Reference I think.
</thoughts>

Anyway, if you don't have installed one of the package listed below you
can safely restart using apt-get dist-upgrade.

Please not also that libmd5-perl is not updated as it has been replaced
by libdigest-md5-perl. Alias has also been replaced by libalias-perl.
Alias and libmd5-perl will be removed from the FTP archive.

dns-browse 1.6-3 Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@computer.org>
ifmail 2.14tx8.10-2 Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it>
libdbd-msql-perl 1.2017-1 Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org>
libdbd-mysql-perl 1.2017-1 Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org>