Re: I would liek to know your oppinion on LowThresholdNmu

 --- Linas Žvirblis <0x0007@gmail.com> escribió:

> Does working in a team not imply that any team member can NMU ones
> packages without a delay? I think we should agree that it does.
>
> If there is nobody in a team qualified enough to fix a problem in
> package of another team member, than what kind of team is that anyway?

Agreed.

> I also do not like this part. In my opinion, one should always contact
> the maintainer (or a team). The time one should give him/her/them to
> respond should, of course, depend on the severity of the problem.

I think the same too.

> Delayed queue is silly most of the time. If you did not receive a reply
> from the maintainer for time 'n', than there is no point in waiting for
> 'n+delay'. It only makes sense when you already have an NMU prepared,
> and upload it at the same time you contact the maintainer. But that most
> probably means duplicate work.

Probably you're right. I don't have an opinion in this.

> I am for "no restrictions inside the team, but the usual procedure form
> outside the team". As for who the maintainer is, I suggest using this in
> our 'control' files:

"no restrictions inside the team, but the usual procedure form outside the
team" is OK for me.

>  Maintainer: Firstname Lastname <the@email.here>
>  Uploaders: Debian Games Team <debian-devel-games@lists.debian.org>

What's the advantage of that against the current way of doing things? That is:

| Maintainer: Debian Games Team <pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
| Uploaders: Maintainer <email address>

And why debian-devel-games@lists.debian.org instead of
pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org ?