Re: Some of your Debian packages might need attention

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net> wrote:

>  Anyone working on chromium/chromium-data ?

I've adopted them upstream and have fixed the bugs in Debian/Ubuntu
and upstream trackers where possible. Brian Redfern is working on new
sounds, he made a bunch of them but there were a few glitches, I'll
ask him about his progress. For the TexFont non-freeness, we should
contact the X Strike Force to see if they know how to contact Mark. If
anyone wants to take that on, that would be fine. The alternatives are
to use plib (which seems to miss some needed functionality), or to
write a libtxf or to move to another font system like ttf/fontconfig.

>  > === droidbattles:
>  Hmm, upstream tarball extracts files in ./.  Do we repack that?

Nope, dpkg-source handles that fine.

>  > === fretsonfire:
>  >   upstream: 1.2.512 Debian: 1.2.451.dfsg-2
>  No clue.

New upstream, plus lack of version mangling in the watch file.

>  > === kball:
>  Upstream tarball naming sucks so watch file is b0rked.
>  > === kraptor:
>  Upstream tarball naming sucks so watch file is b0rked.

Appropriate actions; cluebat upstream (better) or drop watch file.

>  > === lordsawar:
>  Not built on mips.  0.0.9 is still a dev release for now.

If upstream uses the odd/even scheme for dev/stable, perhaps the watch
file needs fixing?

>  > === ogre:
>  Hung up on dependencies and sparc.

sparc is fixed now, I wonder why the freeimage build-dep is only
needed on ia64???

--
bye,
pabs