Re: Replace OpenAL with OpenAL Soft

Am Mittwoch, den 23.04.2008, 14:52 -0400 schrieb Andres Mejia:
> I've tested warsow, glest, and supertuxkart with the new openal soft libraries
> and they all build and run on the new libraries without any problems. I
that's good to hear, that some packages build out of the box! i didn't
expect that, as OpenAL shipped some openal-config and pkg-config files,
which OpenAL Soft doesn't.

> really think that OpenAL Soft should be packaged as just "openal". We should
> upload a package to experimental first and do some more testing.
i disagree here, because i don't feel well about mangling down a
project's name to the name of another project which caused a lot of pain
in the past years.

packaging it for experimental sounds good to me, let's hope this
alternative implementation won't cause any or too much trouble! :)

cheers - fuddl