Re: packaging sfxr

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 00:36, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@hhs.nl> wrote:

> I believe 2 is the best to do, because then we don't need buy in from other
> distro's. They will sooner or later notice, or be noticed by their users
> that a new upstream release is out, that way we can share our work without
> having to actively push it. And who knows, people from all places including
> dyi builds of the games might go sending in patches.

1 and 2 were not exclusive. In fact, I explicitly view them as inclusive. A
repo with patches that were (not yet) accepted by upstream for whatever
reasons and a repo that has a new upstream are no different from the users
POV. As all distro-specific stuff would be kept in other branches and/or
directories, there is no functional difference for any potential third-party
packagers/devs, either

Richard