Upgrading fillets-ng [converting it to Git]

[Please Cc me on replies. Thanks]

Hi,

I am interrested in upgrading fillets-ng[-data] packages. There is new
upstream release, which along with new levels and some fixes, contains
improved Bulgarian translation by me :)  It is also a great game with
fine humor (if one gets the translation right, which I didn't at my
first attempt).

Normally I would just offer my help for the upgrade. However, the
packaging is currently in Subversion and uses debian/-only style. I am
lately heading towards Git, and when I use Subversion, I prefer that
the upstream source is also in it.

Anyway, I don't want to light up old discussions. What I want to ask
you is, if I go and convert the SVN-based packaging to Git
(+pristine-tar), keeping all the history, what is the chance that this
will be accepted by the group?

I don't want to force my preference to you, so a simple "please don't"
is perfectly OK. My plan is to do the transition (if acceptable) in
the following month (or two).

Best wishes,
    dam
    kobodeluxe uploader