Re: Announcing Lugaru 1.1, now fully DFSG-free

On 15.12.2016 10:39, Rémi Verschelde wrote:
> Hi Martin and the Debian games team,
>
> TL;DR: Lugaru is now 100% DFSG-free and it would be awesome if the new
> version could go into Debian main for the next stable, obsoleting the
> current contrib/nonfree openlugaru [0].
>

> I'm happy to announce the release of Lugaru 1.1 by the OSS Lugaru
> project [1], which among other fixes and improvements is now 100%
> DFSG-free. Indeed, David Rosen from Wolfire agreed to relicense all
> assets under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license [2], and other mods that we
> added to the main tree are licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0 and 4.0.
>
> You can read the full release notes and download the source tarball here [3].

[...]

This is excellent news. Thank you for contacting us and making us aware
of openlugaru. I am interested in packaging it for Debian, however I'm
currently focusing on other projects within Debian that require all my
free time. So if anyone else wants to package it, please don't wait for
me. I think it is too late now for Stretch because the package must be
reviewed by our FTP team and if this is not done before 26.12.2016 the
game won't migrate to testing aka Stretch in time.

Nevertheless thanks for the good news and I wish you all the best for
openlugaru.

Cheers,

Markus