Re: New version of ode

Hello, thanks for answering on my behalf Stephen, I was afk :)

yes, the problem is what RT highlighted on [1]

thanks for promptly fixing the issue, so nobody has been hit by this for too long :)

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=918987#17

Il lunedì 14 gennaio 2019, 00:30:34 CET, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo@alaxarxa.net> ha scritto:

El 12/1/19 a les 16:15, Stephen Kitt ha escrit:
> Hi Leopold,
>
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 15:42:31 +0100, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda
> <leo@alaxarxa.net> wrote:
>> El 12/1/19 a les 13:11, Gianfranco Costamagna ha escrit:
>>> hello, you should fix build failures *before* uploading to unstable, not
>>> after...
>>> this makes the transition look bad, and release team sad.
>>
>> yes, I built ALL the packages that depend of libode-dev with the package
>> in experimental. As ALL the packages built without any problem I did a
>> bug to release team #918987 asking for a transition slot.
>>
>> After that release team gave me a green light I push it to unstable.
>>
>> That was the procedure you asked? Is it ok to you to looks good? ;-)
>
> I suspect Gianfranco is referring to
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ode — your upload fails to
> build on most architectures. Ideally, a transition is prepared in
> experimental before going to unstable; this allows the builds to be verified
> and avoids breaking unstable.

Hi Stephen and Gianfranco,

your message made me go to a nightmare yesterday. I have to admit that I
didn't checked the build logs. Upstream told me that there wasn't
important changes and I was more worried because about that, all the
packages that use ode were built without problems. I didn't notice any
strange thing in my amd64 box so I concentrate in the procedure
verifying the dependencies. But I was wrong ...

It seems that upstream did some asserts that broke in a non common archs
and also some autotest failed, so the problem grow up.

I sent an email to upstream but in the middle, yesterday night (some
hours after your email) I pushed a new version of the package solving
the issue in some archs (disabling autotest) and upstream send a patch
to solve the main problem. Thanks also to the people of #debian-mentors.

This morning I have pushed a new version of the package and now it's
built in all the arch except ia64, but because dependencies.

Still remains a small fix in one define but I would like what happens
this week.

I'm sorry for the noise.

Best regards,

Leopold

Linux User 152692    GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia