EmulationStation Desktop Edition (ES-DE) frontend

Hi!

I'm the main developer of EmulationStation Desktop Edition (ES-DE) which is a heavily modified fork of the RetroPie EmulationStation frontend. I've updated the application to be truly cross-platform, running on Linux, BSD Unix, macOS and Windows.

Two days ago I sent an RFP request to get this packaged as I unfortunately won't have time to package the application for all the different operating systems that are supported.
Maybe you would be interested in maintaining this?
I don't think there is anything equivalent on Debian at the moment.
I do distribute .deb packages via the project website https://es-de.org but it would be nice to also get this added to the repositories as it would be helpful for the users.

Here is the RFP:

I'm afraid I made two mistakes in the RFP though, as I copied/pasted a previous RFP, the URL from that request ended up in the RFP in addition to the correct one.
As well, I spelled "frontend" as "front-end" which should not be the case.

I hope you will see the value of adding ES-DE to Debian and that you would perhaps be willing to maintain the Debian package. Of course I would then collaborate with you if anything needs to be adapted to follow the Debian standards. I have tried to follow them though, for example using (what I hope is) a correct directory structure, included a proper man page etc.

A new video has also just been published on YouTube which gives a feeling for what this application is all about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1VeSArtfQo

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Leon