Re: Proposal for inclusion of deb file

Hi Michele,

Am Donnerstag, dem 23.12.2021 um 14:42 +0100 schrieb Michele Alessandrini:
> Hi, I recently made a porting of the game ksokoban in order to use Qt
> only. Ksokoban is a great puzzle game for KDE, but it's not being
> packaged anymore in recent years, maybe to problems with KDE versions.
> So I patched it to use Qt only, in order to give it new life. My release
> is here:
> https://github.com/malessandrini/ksokoban-qt
> I also produced a deb package (in the Releases section), although it's
> my first deb.
> Would it be possible to have it included in Debian? I'm sorry because
> I'm not expert in the procedure of Debian packaging, maybe someone could
> review it and evaluate if it complies with the standards?
>
> Thank you for your attention
> Michele Alessandrini

Thanks for working on free software games. This topic regularly comes up on
various mailing lists. In general it is possible to include ksokoban-qt in
Debian, provided it is truly free. It is difficult though to find someone who
wants to package and maintain a random piece of software. If you have prepared
a Debian package already, then I would rather suggest you go all the way and
upload it to mentors.debian.org and let others review your work there. [1]
Otherwise you could also file a so called RFP (request for packaging) bug
report. [2] Sometimes someone else decides to work on it then but if you want
to get more experience in Debian packaging, then I highly recommend to go the
Debian mentors route.

Regards,

Markus

[1] https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers/