Re: Request to join Games Team to work on 7kaa

Hi Patrick,

Am Dienstag, dem 05.12.2023 um 09:03 -0500 schrieb P. J. McDermott:
> Hi team,
>
> I am interested in helping maintain the 7kaa package in the Games Team,
> as it looks like the recent uploader is inactive.
>
> I would like to update to the new upstream version released 2023-09-22,
> update the upstream Git URI in debian/watch so uscan continues to find
> future versions, simplify a large invasive Debian-specific patch [1],
> clarify the repacksuffix in debian/watch from "+dfsg" to "+ds" [1], and
> build and install the game manual file in 7kaa-data.
>
> I use the program and am familiar with the code, having contributed
> upstream so far over a dozen patches, most of which were accepted.  I'm
> experienced with Debian packaging, Debian Policy, and Git, and I've been
> using and contributing to Debian since 2010.  However I am not a DM or
> DD, so I would need a sponsor if I make any uploads.  If/when that time
> comes, I assume I should send an RFS here, on Mentors, on wnpp, and on
> the Games/Sponsors/Queue wiki page?
>
> I have requested access to the Salsa group, username "pehjota".

I've just granted you "developer" access to our games-team repositories. You
should be able to clone them, make your changes and push them again now. Thanks
for the pull request which I have just merged. Feel free to update 7kaa and if
you think it's done, just contact me via this mailing list again and I review
your changes and try to get them into Debian.

Regards,

Markus