default umask (was Re: Yet more bugs in 0.91.)

[Ian Jackson and Ian McCloghrie write about umask 002 & setgid dirs]

As an aside, I've been thinking that this umask 002 is an appropriate
umask for all users, as long as they're the only user in the in their
default group (could name the group after their login name or perhaps
surname), together with setgid dirs.

Then, when some users want to collaborate on a project, you just need
to create the group, create a directory owned by group project and
away they go.  Much preferable to mucking about with umasks and
newgroup.

Although this _is_ an aside, I'd still like to hear your opinions.

Perhaps a possibility for "adduser"?
--
	-Matt