why all the .notar files on ftp.debian.org???

Does anyone know why "get dirname.tar" has been disabled on the ftp
site.  I noticed that are .notar files in most directories.  Does this
mean that "get dirname.tar" is disabled from those directories?  I
asked Matt Bailey about this but he didn't know why this was
happening.  Is anyone else having this trouble?  Since I'm
using pmirror, tar is the only way I can mirror the ms-dos tree.

Should I report this as a bug?

--Mike