Debian Incoming

Hi folks!

While uploading a packages just a moment ago, I noticed that files in
the Debia Incoming area are of mode 666. So everyone can overwrite
them. :-( I noticed it because unfortunately while uploading the
connection timed out and normally I am not able to overwrite the empty
file, but here I was.

I think it would be much better if new files are of mode 644 or
600. What do you think?

This behaviour can be easily specified in the ftpaccess file with the
following line:

# Upload is only allowed to /incoming. All files will be owned by
# ftpadmin.ftp with file mod 0644.
#
upload ~ftp /debian/private/project/Incoming yes ftpadmin ftp 0600 dirs

Cheers

	Joey

  / +49-441-777884  *  Login&Passwd: nuucp  *  Index: ~/ls-lR.gz  /
 /                            Erfahrung ist eine n|tzliche Sache /
/ Leider macht man sie immer erst kurz nachdem man sie brauchte /
30.10.95: Oldenburger Linux-Stammtisch, ab 20h im DaCapo