Re: inverse of `adduser'?

Bill Mitchell writes:
>>>         *       what about files owned by this user in other
>>                 directories?  (Shared projects, etc.)
>>
>>We tend to leave them as-is, which I'm not sure is smart.  On the
>>other hand, a find from / is expensive on a system with lots of
>>disk...
>
>Finding the files and expunging them

Um, I was thinking more of arranging for them to be changed to another
uid, or at least telling the sysadmin they exist - leaving them as
they are risks trouble when some new user is created.

If I leave the company I work for I'm sure they won't want to delete
all the files I worked on in shared directories.

>should probably be an option for "deluser" (which, IMO, should be
>"adduser -d" or "adduser --delete").

*shrug*

>Let the sysadmin using it decide whether that's too expensive for
>him, in his situation. Don't make the decision for him and expect him
>to like it.

Agreed.

--
Richard Kettlewell  richard@uk.geeks.org  http://www.elmail.co.uk/staff/richard/