Re: MSDOS name conversion

Michael E. Deisher writes:

> > user in order to make installation slightly easier for the
> > first-time installer, _once_.
>
> Have you ever had to maintain a system using floppies?  I used to.

Don't forget those of us whose dial in providers do wonderful things like
sometimes, their side of the PPP link will freeze, and sometimes, they hang
up the phone for no reason.  Makes keeping a mirror of the binary stuff fun.
I've transferred emacs up to four times.  And I don't even use it ;)

There is more benefit than just for the first time floppy installer.

--
Carl Streeter                     |  "I'll forgive even GNU emacs as long
streeter@cae.wisc.edu             |     as gcc is available" --Linus Torvalds