Re: anti-spam package [modified tcpd version ...]

On Aug 12, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> In article <[🔎] m0wy9to-00IdTiC@golem.pixar.com>,
> Bruce Perens <bruce@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> >3. Extend tcpd to add file inclusion to hosts.allow and hosts.deny
>
> I think this is the best way as the list could be potentially very large.
> Also, it would then be possible to parse the file by another script and
> generate for example a sendmail "junk" file from it, in case one wants to
> use the no-spam list from within sendmail itself.
>
> Something like:
>
> # hosts.allow
> sendmail:	$include /etc/mail/spammers : banners /etc/tcpd.banners : DENY
> sendmail:	ALL
>
> Contents of /etc/tcpd.banners/sendmail :
>
> 550 spammer go away\r\n

I have placed a modified tcpd at fbti.et-inf.fho-emden.de /pub/debian-local
(just extract tcpd76new.tar.gz from the root directory to install it). It
allows you to include a list of hostnames in the client_list. The syntax is:

/etc/hosts.deny:
sendmail: /etc/mail/spammers

Or for the extended syntax:

/etc/hosts.allow:
sendmail: /etc/mail/spammers : banners /etc/tcpd.banners : DENY

Please test the new version and let me know if it works for you within the
next days.

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Tobias <tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de> <tobias@debian.org> <tobias@linux.de>
PGP ID EFAA400D, fingerprint = 06 89 EB 2E 01 7C B4 02  04 62 89 6C 2F DD F1 3C