Re: Proposal: Network configuration file format

* Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:

> Either read ifupdown.nw in less or something, or, more sensibly, apt-get
> install nowebm [0]; and run make ifupdown.ps.gz and print that out.
[...]
> [0] You probably need to make a link from

> 	/usr/local/lib/texmf/tex/latex/litprog/noweb.sty
>         /usr/lib/texmf/tex/latex/litprog/noweb.sty

>     so that tetex can find noweb.sty. The FHS strikes again. :) I
>     presume this is a bug against nowebm, but I don't have the bandwidth
>     to keep up with tetex to make sure tetex really can't find it.

I may be wrong and confused here, but I think that noweb is right to
use the local texmf tree since it is not part of tetex.

You just need to make sure that /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf has this line:
 | TEXMFLOCAL = /usr/lib/texmf/local
(while this directory is actually a link to /usr/local/lib/texmf/). You
need to run texhash if you put new sources into an texmf tree; if the
noweb package doesn´t do this it can be called a bug I guess.

Disclaimer: I say this in total ignorance of noweb and the FHS.

Cheers,
  Colin

--
Colin Marquardt <colin.marquardt@gmx.de>