Re: Preliminary SDL 1.2.3+cvs packages available

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 03:10:49PM +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> > My list of confirmed so far:
[..]
> Concerning PowerPC, based on the list of packages you posted earlier
> (reverse-depends), I come up with the following :
>
>   pygame

Used by pysol to play music - if that worked, it does.

>   egoboo (not available for PPC, doesn't build accord to buildd.d.o)

Er, okay, I thought you said this one works.  It's off my list.

>   gnuboy-sdl (relocation error: undefined symbol "pcm")

A wild guess, this is related to libaudiofile.  There is a wishlist bug
against SDL complaining about libaudiofile being linked in since it
contains this namespace-polluting symbol..  I decided to ignore this for
now since attempting to fix it could break something - sounds like the
libaudiofile maintainer may have already fixed it, with predictable
results...  A recompile may make the problem go away.

> * Otherwise, all packages work, some have issues with libmcop.so.0
> which lead to a segfault (relocation error) when exiting : gltron,
> gemdropx.
>
> It seems OK for PowerPC.

Nifty.  If you need a hand fixing egoboo (it's yours according to dpkg?)
I'll help if I can.  I'll be around this evening and have gotten pretty
good at fixing BE and similar types of problems.  I've had a bit of fun
(for some versions of "fun" anyway) lately with big-endian porting.  A
little more can't kill me.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>          I swallowed your goldfish

2.3.1 has been released. Folks new to this game should remember that
2.3.* releases are development kernels, with no guarantees that they
will not cause your system to do horrible things like corrupt its
disks, catch fire, or start running Mindcraft benchmarks.
        -- Slashdot