Re: Lost Trust

#include <hallo.h>
* John Hasler [Mon, May 31 2004, 08:07:18PM]:
> Matthew Palmer writes:
> > Firstly, we're not "removing firmware" we're removing non-free firmware.
>
> We're ceasing to distribute non-free _software_.

First, prove that the blob is not the prefered form of modification.
Second, prove that the blob is executed on the host hardware plattform.

If you don't, start removing most drivers around because they need
"evil numbers" and "non-free strings to communicate with hardware" or
some other crazy reason, some people here are very creative at inventing
them.

Regards,
Eduard.
--
Ein kluger Mann macht nicht alle Fehler selbst.
Er gibt auch anderen eine Chance.