Re: Incorrect use of "it's" in package control files -- file mass bug?

Thomas Hood wrote:

 On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 08:50:06 +0200, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:

> Having been borne and raised in the US, I support and use the term
> ``Usian'' to refer to those from the US. American is not precise
> enough, as it can refer to anyone from either continent.
>
> Yes, Canadians, Brazilians, Mexicans, and Colombians are all
> Americans. Just like how Frenchman, Germans, and Spaniards are all
> Europeans.

 In one sense the citizens of the U.S.A. are Americans. In another
 sense North and South Americans are Americans. I cannot remember a
 case where it wasn't clear from the context which sense was intended.

Yes, I have to agree with that tenure.
I think the requirement to be insular/parochial can get a little bit too isolationist.
I was born in New Zealand.
I have lived in Australia for quite some number of years, but even before that, I felt no shame or threat when referred to as an 'Australasian'. I also feel no great threat to my sense of personal identity when I am categorised, in the wider sense, as a human being, or even as an Earthling.
Regards,

David.