Re: Debian based GNU/Solaris: pilot program

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 12:13 -0500, David Nusinow wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 09:54:30AM -0800, Erast Benson wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 10:41 +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > > * Alex Ross:

> > > How do you solve the problem that you cannot legally distribute
> > > software which is licensed under the GNU General Public License and is
> > > linked against a libc which is covered by the CDDL?  Have you ported
> > > GNU libc?
> >
> > all questions answerd on our web-portal.

> > > This web site requires authentication.
> >
> > you have to send e-mail to Alex and request an account. This is "pilot"
> > program, and mainly for web polishing, etc
>
> People have to ask for an account to find out how you're not violating
> the license on their code?

We wanted to get as much feedbacks about the layout,
contents, usability and features of the web portal
before opening it up fully to the public (scheduled
for mid-November, barring any unforeseen circumstances).

There are things like forums, mailing list, blogs,
web-based Debian repository browser, etc. which need
to be tested during this pilot period.  We would be
more than happy to open it for the public now, but
we are aiming for a controlled test environment which
would be hard to achieve in such a case.

After all, everything there is powered by our stuffs,
and we have not had the necessary resources to make
sure that everything is well oiled.  We'd be thrilled
to have you and others test that for us.

We'll be providing ISO images of our LiveCD and InstallCD
in the upcoming days (hopefully sooner rather than later)
via the web portal.

Erast