Re: Transition time: KDE, JACK, arts, sablotron, unixodbc, net-snmp, php, ...

Scripsit Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org>
> * Anthony Towns (aj@azure.humbug.org.au) [051101 17:23]:
>> On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 12:41:09PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:

>> > So, would anybody object if I set up a cronjob that emails the PTS
>> > whenever a (source) package propagates to, or is removed from, testing?

>> it's one of the things we agreed we wanted at the Vancouver
>> meeting. I think there was going to be a -testing-changes list or
>> something, perhaps?

> We agreed to both maintainer mails (but PTS might be more appropriate
> for that), and a summary to -testing-changes.
> IOW, whoever shows code up for any of the tasks has some bonus points :)

I have now a frst draft of a status-change mail system running.  it
works from the archive mirror on merkel, and sends out mail to
<package>@packages.debian.prg, with Bcc to the PTS (under the
'summary' keyword documented for this purpose). It turns turns out
that the PTS cannot by itself send mail to the "current maintainer" in
default of explicit subscriptions.

It does not yet produce -testing-changes emails. The list
does exist but seems to carry only upload announcements for
stable-security, for reasons not totally clear to me.

Comments welcome.

[First reaction: Email sent to the official maintainer address for
inline-octave bounces with "Post by non-member to a members-only
list". Whee!]

--
Henning Makholm                                   "Det er trolddom og terror
                                                         og jeg får en værre