Re: real-i386 (was Re: i386 requalification for etch)

At Thu, 3 Nov 2005 02:38:51 -0800 (PST), Nick Jacobs wrote:

> You mean, it's seriously been proposed that a significant amount of
> work should be done to restore support for a processor that has not
> been manufactured for 10 years? While slightly degrading performance
> for the 99.99999% of x86 users who have Pentium/Athlon/or better?

Why not supporting it, if it is not so hard?  This is important for
the small hobbits that love to tinker old hardware.  I have 2 i386
machines and I don't plan to throw them away.  I am quite confident
that the users of powerful and shiny new machines won't suffer much.

--
Yavor Doganov