Re: Indicator applets and related packages

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 09:36:02AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> I would like to be able to use ubuntu's indicator applets in Debian but
> very few of the required packages are in Debian (only libindicator is
> available).

I'd like too, thus I packaged libindicator (sid) and
xfce4-indicator-plugin (NEW) :)

> The missing source packages are AFAIK:
> - libdbusmenu https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libdbusmenu
>   (no RFP/ITP known)
> - libindicate https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libindicate
>   RFP: http://bugs.debian.org/560122

Interested in those, planing to package, will contact ITP-author.

> - indicator-applet https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-applet
>   RFP: http://bugs.debian.org/534556

No GNOME here, no way to test, sorry.

> - indicator-messages https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-messages
>   (no RFP/ITP known)
> - indicator-application https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-application
>   (no RFP/ITP known)
> - indicator-session https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-session
>   (no RFP/ITP known)
> - indicator-me https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-me
>   (no RFP/ITP known)
> - indicator-sound https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-sound
>   (no RFP/ITP known)
> - in the near future: indicator-network
>   https://launchpad.net/indicator-network

Interested.

> And also several plugins/extensions to various piece of software:
> - evolution-indicator
>   https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution-indicator
>
> And some of those in Qt/KDE variants:
> - libindicate-qt https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libindicate-qt
> - https://launchpad.net/plasma-widget-message-indicator
>
> I contacted Ted Gould of Ubuntu/Canonical to ask him whether he would like
> to maintain some of those packages within Debian. If yes, I'll sponsor
> him (if you want to be the sponsor instead of me, please say so).
>
> I hope we can find maintainers for all those. Should they be maintained
> within the Debian Gnome team ?

libindicator is currently collab-maint with kartik@d.o (CCed) and me, if
others want to join, we could start a "pkg-indicators" or something :)

Regards
Evgeni

--
Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.