Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

On 05/10/2012 07:13 AM, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> I have given technical reasons to prefer etc-overrides-lib semantics.
> You failed to address any of the reasons I or others have given. Instead
> you started by bashing Red Hat, and then gave as your only reason to
> prefer traditional conffile semantics the same motivation you had just
> alleged Red Hat of having and had bashed them for. If you post
> fallacious nonsense, there usually isn't much more to say to that except
> point out that it IS fallacious nonsense.
>
> If you want to have a constructive discussion, then try to explain what
> you think is wrong with the arguments for etc-overrides-libs, or what
> technical advantages you think the traditional conffile model has which
> would be more important.

Come on!

Don't assume that people are bad, or have bad intend. That's how
discussions are going the wrong way.

Probably, Steve assumed that you understood the reasons why he
liked the *Debian* way, without much need to explain what's
written in the stones of our policy-manual...

Thomas